Tuesday, February 01, 2005

My Next Invisible Sin.

It is always amazing when God brings to my awareness what I would call "invisible sin". It is sin that is quite invisible to me. I can go years without any sense of it. When I finally see it, it makes perfect sense how things have been going. More evidence of what a spiritually blind, emotional creature I am.

I knew that I should make God the priority in every moment. I knew I should be spending more prayer time, doing it each day. I may not be doing these well yet, but at least I was aware of these issues.

I only felt good about who I was on Sundays (worship) and Tuesdays (Great Banquet Reunion Group). Was my Mon.-Fri. job causing me to forget about God?

It took Brother Lawrences insistance that you must continuously pray and worship until you do not particularly need time alone to pray because you have been doing so in all your public activities. It took Sunday adult bible study, James 4:13-17, asking me to include God in all decisions in my life.

I have asked God for his guidance in knowing what he wants me to do with reaching out to people at my work. I even pray for co-workers. But pray for his guidance in making a business decision? Ask for his guidance in a career move?

Now I will. I wonder what other areas of my life I have "compartmentalized" away from God.

It is very comforting to know that God cares about and desires the entirety of our lives - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual - all of it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen Bratko said...

Well, welcome to the process of sanctification. Where our "flesh" is gradually transformed into the image of Christ. I think of it as a life long process.

As these things come up, be good to yourself. God is FULLof mercy and grace. If he showed us ALL our sin, we'd probably want to start digging our grave!

But he is so merciful. He knows we can only handle certain things at certain times. Praise the Lord for GRACE!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jor said...

Thanks for reminding me how much I need others input to help me see my blind spots. I'm learning to surrender to that, and to accepting myself even as He accepts me. That's deep, rich, wonderful. Thank you for sharing about it.

Anointed for Business, by Ed Silvoso is a book that has helped me begin to correct the split between spiritual and secular in my mind. He talks about that there are pulpit ministers and marketplace ministers and one is not "above" another. And he helps with stories about how others have integrated their faith in their marketplace ministry. Let me know if you want to check it out.

11:53 PM  
Blogger nai said...

Great thoughts and affirmations, Jor and Helen. Love you both.

Ed Silvoso's book sounds great. I will put it on my reading list. I need help in seeing God at work outside of where we are gathered in His Name.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home