Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hit by a Train

Listening to Train's "Calling All Angels", these lyrics have me thinking...

'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear - so true.

In a world that what we want is only what we want until its ours - greed, but I like the focus on the mania involved.

I won't give up, if you don't give up - of course I see the obvious "we're in this together" nature of the statement. What struck me is how God would say it: "I won't give up, even if you give up."

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen Bratko said...

Amen, God won't give up on us!

Don't know who that group is.

6:13 PM  
Blogger nai said...

This song and the music resonate with me.

A couple of years ago Train hit the top of the secular music charts with "Drops of Jupiter". "Calling All Angels" had some radio playtime, but I don't know/care how well it did.

Lately, many secular songs are embracing spiritual themes (like Cheryl Crow's "Light in Your Eyes") or maybe the radio/recording industry is following the popular culture's shift in this direction.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home