Friday, April 08, 2005

Faith journey - hitting a pothole

My sister-in-law still checks this blog, bless her, so I had better give her something to read...

Last night, I heard talks from two men of faith whom I am getting to know through our preparation for hosting a spiritual retreat known as the Great Banquet.

The talks were "Obstacles to Grace" and "Staying Power". It appears to me that a large part of the human condition, especially this human's condition, is exemplified in the phrase "How could I forget that?"

Needless to say, I have lost staying power and encountered obstacles to Grace. How can I forget about Grace?!

James 1:23-24 says it well, "For if any are hearers of the word and not doers, they are like those who look at themselves in a mirror; for they look at themselves and, on going away, immediately forget what they were like."

Guilty as charged. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen Bratko said...

You know we ALL forget! Even people who've been Christians for many years, still sometimes forget!! I think that is why we need to be abiding in the Lord and in fellowship with believers, that is how faith is kept alive.

Paul says we are the body of Christ. What that says to me is WE NEED EACH OTHER! We are to encourage oneanother always.

Keep the faith, bro! :-D

P.S. check my blog for a response to your question therein.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home